Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Tomatoes on the Vine . . .

Now I'm not really sure why it's been fashionable to market tomatoes as 'tomatoes grown on the vine' etc., as - aren't they all grown on the vine . . . ?

Whatever, I succumb to creating them now and then; and it's not an easy task I can tell you! But, well worth the effort when you see the end result - hope you like them too!

P.S. I'm frantically trying to get as much as I possible can together for Miniatura in a few weeks' time . . . so I'll be a bit hit and miss with me blog - what do you mean - 'she is anyway' - LoL! I know {:O) Bye for now.

4 comments:

  1. Apologies for the huge picture (bit of a shock when I checked and clicked!) However, the containers are about 15mm in diameter, so a good bit over half an inch - so quite small!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome Carol! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very, very much Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The point about tomatoes always being grown on a vine anyway made me smile, marketing does love a redundant phrase. The little stems and calyx details on these look genuinely tricky to get right at that scale, is polymer clay your usual go to for the vine and leaves, or do you switch materials depending on how flexible the stem needs to be to curve around a bunch like that?

    ReplyDelete